Police in Troy, New York are calling the quadruple homicide of a family the worst killing they’ve ever seen. A female couple and their children were found dead on Tuesday. The family had allegedly been bound and their throats had been slashed, sources told the Albany Times Union.
“After being in this business for almost 42 years, I can’t describe the savagery of this,” Troy Police Chief James Todesco said during a Wednesday press conference. “I don’t have the word.”
He is urging anyone with information about the killings to come forward and help police. At this time, nobody is in custody, and there isn’t a person of interest.
A property manager made the grim discovery on Tuesday after they found the bodies in the home’s basement. When they arrived just before 1 PM, they found the bodies of four people, all confirmed dead on the scene. The names of the victims
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/police-identify-victims-new-york-basement-quadruple-homicide
Nine people are dead, including the lone gunman, after a shooting at a Dallas Cowboys watch party in a Plano, Texas home on Sunday.
In a CBS report, the city’s police chief called the football party shooting the worst mass shooting in Plano’s history.
“We’ve never had a shooting of this magnitude; never had this many victims,” Plano Police Chief Greg W. Rushin said. The victims are all in their 20s and 30s.
Neighbor Stacey Glover told Dallas News that the party started off cheerful; people were grilling outside in the afternoon. She heard laughter and conversation. Then around 8 pm, she heard gunshots and smelled gunpowder. By 8:30 pm, a police officer spotted “bodies down in the backyard” and an active shooter inside the home.
The shooter, Spencer Hight, was shot and killed by police. His estranged wife Meredith Lane, 27, was hosting the party. They separated in Spring.
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/new-details-emerge-about-victims-of-mass-shooting-at-football-party-weve-never-had-a-shooting
All four bodies have now been identified on the Pennsylvania farm owned by the Cosmo DiNardo’s family. DiNardo, 20, has confessed to killing all four young men. His cousin Sean Kratz, 20, has been charged in three of the killings.
In affidavits from the Bucks County prosecutor’s office and at a press conference Friday afternoon, District Attorney Matthew Weintraub described the murders. All four men were shot — one on July 5 and three on July 7. One of them was run over with a backhoe. DiNardo said he tried to burn three of the bodies by putting them into a metal tank he called a “pig roaster.” He then poured in gas and lit a fire. He buried that tank using a backhoe in a 12.5 foot hole. The fourth body was buried in a separate, 6-foot deep grave. The single “grave” belonged to Jimi Patrick, 19.
“We’d still be looking
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/details-emerge-in-pennsylvania-farm-murders-the-victims-were-shot-put-in-pig-roaster
There’s plenty of fish in the sea…Two teens are suspected of casting a wide net on the dating app Plenty of Fish, to lure victims and steal their cars. According to WGHP, two teen girls in Guilford County, North Carolina used the popular dating site to “catfish” unsuspecting men.
The suspects were arrested on Friday for putting together the scheme. The girls, ages 15 and 16, reportedly used Plenty of Fish to pretend they were older to attract men. They would ask the male victims to pick them up and take them home. While the men were distracted doing something, the teens would steal their cars.
Authorities believe the two girls are behind at least four car thefts since April.
The teens were finally caught after being spotted in a stolen car. The older teen faces adult charges of felony larceny of a motor vehicle, felony possession of a stolen motor vehicle, and
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/teens-accused-of-luring-victims-on-dating-site-and-stealing-their-cars
Five more victims who were among the 22 killed and at least 59 injured at Monday’s Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England have been identified.
According to People, of the five, two were mothers waiting for their children to leave the concert.
Olivia Campbell, 15
Olivia has been confirmed dead by her mother Charlotte Campbell on Facebook Tuesday.
“RIP my darling precious gorgeous girl Olivia Campbell taken far far to soon go sing with the angels and keep smiling mummy loves you so much,” the mother wrote. According to People, the last time she spoke with her daughter was when Olivia had called to say how happy she was to watch the pop star perform.
Before the teen was found, Charlotte and Olivia’s stepfather Paul Hodgson stated tearfully on CNN, “We’re going to [search] … and we’ll do it every single day until
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/more-manchester-blast-victims-idd-two-moms-waiting-to-pick-up-their-children