Texts have emerged in the case of the Utah teen who allegedly helping a 16-year-old girl commit suicide.
Tyerell Przybycien, 18, texted a friend, expressing giddiness to watch somebody die, prosecutors allege.
“It be awesome,” he wrote, according to Inside Edition. “Be like getting away with murder.”
Turns out Przybycien will actually be tried with murder. He has been charged with murder and failure to report a dead body. On Tuesday, a judge made a ruling that he will stand trial for Jchandra Brown’s death, stating that it is “reasonable to infer” that Przybycine intended to cause Brown’s death and that she would not have died without his help.
“Because the probable cause standard at preliminary hearings is low, and because all reasonable inferences are viewed in a light most favorable to the State, the Court finds there is reasonable belief that [Przybycien’s] conduct meets the elements of murder,” Judge James Brady said
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/texts-of-teen-facing-murder-trial-for-helping-friend-commit-suicide-revealed-i-wanna-help-kill
A Mississippi jury is now deliberating on whether Quinton Tellis, 29, is responsible for murdering 19-year-old Jessica Chambers on Dec. 6, 2014, when she was set on fire and later died from head-to-toe second and third degree burns.
The jury began deliberating at approximately 4:00 p.m. Sunday after hearing closing statements from both defense and prosecuting attorneys. Early in the trial at least eight first responders testified to hearing Chambers say someone named Eric was responsible for setting her on fire, but prosecutors argued her injuries were so significant she would have been unable to communicate clearly.
“I told you as this trial began, you were going to think to yourself, ‘Hmm. why are we here?’ Because when the first responders got to Jessica, they did not hear the name Quinton. They thought they heard the name Eric or Derrick,” prosecuting attorney John Champion said during closing statements Sunday. “Maybe she was
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/jurors-may-soon-reach-a-verdict-in-jessica-chambers-murder-trial
Opening statements were made Tuesday in the capital murder trial of 28-year-old Quinton Tellis, who was wiping tears away from his eyes after making eye contact with his family in the courtroom. Tellis has pleaded not guilty to the murder. Prosecutors claim he set Jessica Chambers on fire, and is responsible for her death.
John Champion, district attorney told the packed courtroom in Batesville, Mississippi that Chambers “was a beautiful, blonde-haired 19-year-old” from Courtland, a tiny town not far from Batesville. He alleged that Tellis took her young life away from her. He pointed to DNA and circumstantial evidence, cell phone data, as well as surveillance footage from a gas station to back up that claim. Chambers’ car keys were near her burnt car. Tellis’ DNA was found on that set of keys, Champion said. He said the cell phone data puts the two together right before Jessica was set on
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/district-attorneys-opening-remarks-in-trial-for-jessica-chambers-burning-death-he-wanted-sex
The murder trial for a Mississippi teen who was burned alive in 2014 is set to begin this week. Jury selection will reportedly begin on Monday, October 9.
Jessica Chambers was just 19 years old was she brutally murdered. On December 6, 2014, the former cheerleader left her mom’s home to clean out her car while wearing pajama pants. She never returned home. She was found later that night stumbling in a nearby wooded area. Both she and her car were on fire. The teen had been doused with an accelerant before being set ablaze. Chambers suffered burns on more than 90% of her body, according to CNN, and she was still alive. She told first responders that someone did it to her and some responders even believe she said a man’s name. She was rushed by helicopter to a hospital where she died the next day. Her horrible death has
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/trial-set-to-begin-in-horrific-burning-death-of-teen-jessica-chambers
The trial of David Mueller, whom Taylor Swift is accusing of sexual harassment, continues today.
A report from Complex on the specific details of Swift’s testimony reveals more details about the meet-and-greet incident, which led to the trial.
“He did not touch my rib,” Swift said in court, according to TMZ, referring specifically to Mueller’s testimony, in which he denied any kind of sexual content. “He did not touch my hand. He grabbed my bare ass. He stayed latched on to my bare ass… as I moved away from him visibly uncomfortable.”
“It was a very shocking thing that I have never dealt with before,” she added. “He grabbed my ass underneath my skirt. It was underneath my skirt.”
TMZ has previously published photos of the incident in question, despite Swift’s request not to have the images disseminated.
The defense went on to argue that Mueller is innocent because Swift continued the meet-and-greet
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/taylor-swift-finally-testifies-in-groping-trial-he-latched-onto-my-bare-ass
Jury selection has started in Taylor Swift’s case against a radio DJ.
The superstar alleges that David Mueller groped her during a meet-and-greet in Denver in 2013. According to People, the 27-year-old was on hand while potential jurors were interviewed and screened at the courthouse.
Based on the questionnaire handed out, potential jurors were asked questions, such as have you “listened to Taylor Swift on the radio,” “watched any Taylor Swift video,” “read a blog, magazine, or other news reporting about Taylor Swift,” “purchased a Taylor Swift album,” or “gone to a Taylor Swift concert or performance” in the last two years.
There are also questions about whether jurors were fans of Mueller on local country radio station KYGO.
In the case, Mueller first sued Swift two years after the alleged groping incident because he believes her claim cost him his job. The “Shake It Off” singer countersued, saying in court papers that
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/these-are-the-questions-youd-need-to-answer-to-be-a-jury-in-taylor-swifts-groping-trial
Taylor Swift is gearing up to face her alleged sexual harasser in court. As TMZ shares, the superstar alleges that a Denver DJ named David Mueller grabbed her butt during a photo opp.
Here’s what you need to know:
Jury selection will begin Monday for his lawsuit against her and her countersuit.
Teen Vogue explains that the incident in question revolves around Swift claiming that Mueller groped her at a pre-concert meet-and-greet in Denver in 2013. That moment appears to have been caught, at least partially, in a photograph.
Then 51, Mueller claims the allegations caused him to lose his job, and he’s suing for slander. She is countering and believes that this case will “serve as an example to other women who may resist publicly reliving similar outrageous and humiliating acts.”
“Right as the moment came for us to pose for the photo, he [Mueller] took his hand and put it up my
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/all-the-details-you-need-to-know-before-taylor-swifts-sexual-harassment-trial-starts
Bill Cosby‘s lawyer is speaking out following Saturday’s mistrial. Attorney Brian McMonagle says that the sexual abuse trial, in which the 79-year-old comedian was accused of drugging and assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004, was “unfair.”
“Imagine it’s you being asked to defend age-old accusations — how do you defend that?” the attorney said to CNN. “Mr. Cosby is fortunate he is able to afford good counsel and has resources to conduct investigations.”
The lawyer said that Cosby’s ailing health—he is legally blind and uses a cane—made the trial difficult to endure. “(It was) hard on him. When he got there, he had been awakened at home by us, told that he had to get here. He’s blind, he’s about 80 years old and my heart really broke for him that day. When we got there we didn’t have security and people were diving on our cars. I’ve handled a lot
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/bill-cosbys-lawyer-says-its-unfair-to-make-ailing-comedian-stand-trial-for-age-old-accusations
Montgomery County Judge Steven O’Neill declared a mistrial on Saturday in the case against Bill Cosby after the jury was unable to reach a verdict.
As CNN reported, Cosby faced three charges of aggravated indecent assault. After 52 hours of deliberation, the jury of five women and seven men was unable to come to a unanimous decision regarding whether Cosby was guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004.
Following the announcement of the mistrial, prosecutors announced that they will be retrying the case. The judge declared he will try to reschedule a new trial within 120 days.
Cosby’s wife, Camille, spoke out against the judicial system and media in a statement. “How do I describe the District Attorney? Heinously and exploitively ambitious. How do I describe the judge? Overtly and arrogantly collaborating with the District Attorney. How do I describe the counsels for the accusers? Totally unethical,” she said
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/mistrial-declared-in-bill-cosbys-criminal-trial
A woman who was on trial for encouraging her boyfriend to kill himself over text message was found guilty on Friday morning of involuntary manslaughter.
Michelle Carter, 20, was shaking and crying as the verdict was read. Judge Lawrence Moniz said that Carter was reckless.
Carter has been on trial for involuntary manslaughter for the death of her 18-year-old boyfriend. Carter, then 17, is accused of urging her boyfriend Conrad Roy III to kill himself over text messages. Roy was sitting in his pickup in July 2014, filling his truck with carbon monoxide, trying to kill himself. Having second thoughts, he left the truck, and Carter told him to ‘‘get back in.’’
Judge Moniz called that text from Carter reckless conduct on Friday morning. He added that she knew what condition he was in and yet didn’t call 911 or Roy’s family. Moniz further added that Carter knew the location of the suicide.
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/michelle-carter-found-guilty-in-suicide-texting-trial