Fans of the show Pretty Little Liars know about the cryptic person “A” who sends anonymous messages to torment a group of teenage girls. According to Time, high school girls in Ohio were inspired by the show and created threatening texts to bully classmates with a school shooting.
A 15-year-old at Piqua High School created a Snapchat account using the letter “A.” She posted threats about exposing people’s secrets—which follows the storyline of the hit show—and fueling rumors about a school shooting. A 14-year-old then wrote, “I’m still going to shoot up the school. A.” on a bathroom mirror. The threats caused the school to be dismissed early on Thursday. Classes were also cancelled on Friday.
Authorities have arrested the teenagers behind the pranks and charged them in juvenile court for the threats.
Pretty Little Liars was a teen drama mystery show based upon the book of the same name. Premiering in 2010, the show ended on
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/teen-girls-make-shooting-threats-inspired-by-plot-from-pretty-little-liars-and-shut-down
Following the delivery of an empassioned monologue about President Donald Trump, CNN reporter Don Lemon began receiving a series of extreme death threats made by at least one white nationalist. Now, the NYPD is investigating the source of those threats.
Lemon had specifically been addressing President Trump’s ongoing public disagreement with Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson. Trump had sought to dispute claims made by Johnson about a private call the two had following the death of her husband.
According to TMZ, CNN’s security team contacted the NYPD following a series of racist messages sent to the organization over Twitter: “F*ck you n***** can’t wait to stab your neck” and “U r a pile of rotting Dogshit,racist,communist, socialist, Liberal moron asshole,i will
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/nypd-investigates-white-nationalist-death-threats-made-against-cnn-reporter-don-lemon
Hayley Geftman-Gold, a CBS executive who made a controversial social media post about this week’s Las Vegas shooting, has received a series of death threats following the scandal.
According to the New York Daily News, Geftman-Gold worked as a vice president and senior counsel in strategic transactions at CBS before being fired for her insensitive post about the horrific mass killing that occurred earlier in the week.
“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often republican gun toters,” she reportedly wrote on Facebook.
“Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families,” said CBS in a statement, announcing her firing.
Now, multiple police reports suggest that she has received multiple death
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/cbs-exec-fired-over-heartless-vegas-remarks-getting-death-threats
Disgraced former journalist Juan Thompson pleaded guilty on Tuesday to one count of cyberstalking and one count of making hoax bomb threats to harass and intimidate a woman he dated, according to the United States Attorney’s Office Southern District of New York.
Acting U.S. Attorney Joon H. Kim said in a statement that Thompson admitted to communicating at least 12 threats to Jewish Community Centers and other organizations in that woman’s name.
“Fueling fear and distress, Juan Thompson made fake bomb threats to over a dozen Jewish Community Centers and organizations around the country,” said Kim in the statement, according to ABC News. “As he admitted today in pleading guilty, Thompson made these threats as part of a cruel campaign to cyber stalk a victim with whom he previously had a relationship. Thompson’s threats not only inflicted emotional distress on his victim, but also harmed Jewish communities around the country.”
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/ex-journalist-makes-jewish-bomb-threats-as-revenge-against-ex
A Florida woman will spend five months in prison after she admitted to sending death threats to the father of a 6-year-old killed in the 2012 school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, The Washington Post reported.
“I don’t know where my head and my heart were that day when I made the calls but they were not in the right place,” said Lucy Richards, 57, at her sentencing.
Senior U.S. District Judge James Cohn sentenced her to five months in federal prison, followed by five months of electronic monitoring, and three years of supervised release. Cohn also said that Richards had to cease from visiting websites that promote Sandy Hook conspiracy theories that claim the shooting never happened.
Richards, according to the judge, had been a part of a group that believed some mass shootings were “false flag” operations by the government in order to enact gun control
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/woman-sent-death-threats-to-sandy-hook-victims-parents-said-shooting-was-a-hoax