Sexual abuse accusations continue to surface in Hollywood. Authorities are now investigating a new sexual assault accusation against director Roman Polanski. Despite its severity — the accusation is that he molested a child when she was 10 — he can’t be prosecuted as the statute of limitations has run up.
As The Los Angeles Times reported, the accusation comes from artist Marianne Barnard, who came forward to the police in October. She says Polanski molested her during a photoshoot at Will Rogers State Beach back in 1975. She was a child model, but says that she became quickly uncomfortable when he asked her to pose naked with a fur coat.
“Then at some point I realized my mom had gone. I don’t know where she went and I didn’t really register her leaving but she was no longer there,” she said per The Sun. “Then he molested me.”
Barnard said that actresses sharing
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/roman-polanski-investigated-allegedly-sexually-assaulting-girl
On Wednesday, a man from Illinois was convicted of sexually assaulting a 90-year-old with dementia. Dontrell Netter, 24, now faces up to six decades behind bars for the 2015 incident.
According to Fox News, the victim was a care home patient. Shockingly, a certified nurse at the home invited Netter, and two other men, to assault her. That nurse has been identified as Channing Butler. He and the other men have pleaded guilty to various charges related to the disturbing incident, and are now serving prison sentences. Butler was given 14 years behind bars.
Netter has denied assaulting the patient. Instead, during his trial, he claimed he was tricked into visiting the home, the Champaign News-Gazette reports. But the jury didn’t buy it and instead found him guilty. Netter will be sentenced in January.
Butler had photographs of a man sexually assaulting the woman. He admitted to taking the photograph,
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/man-sexually-assaults-90-year-old-home-care-patient-with-dementia
Former Voice contestant Melanie Martinez has spoken out for a second time to deny the sexual abuse allegations against her.
“I understand how hard it could be to see my side of the story, considering no one with a heart would want to invalidate anyone speaking up about this topic,” she wrote on Twitter on Saturday. “I want to thank my fans who took the time to research the timeline, analyze past Instagram photos, and question the story being told, which reveal her false statements. I trust so many people in my life who took advantage of that trust for their own personal gain. Please know that my intentions with everything that I do in my life are always pure and I would never be intimate with someone without their absolute consent.”
Last week her former best friend and singer Timothy Heller (pictured above, right) tweeted allegations that Martinez raped her. Heller
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/the-voice-singer-melanie-martinez-denies-sexually-assaulting-female-musician-and-former
Notable tech executive Randi Zuckerberg says that she faced sexual harassment from a fellow passenger on an Alaska Airlines flight. In a post on Facebook, she claims that flight attendants ignored her complaints and dismissed the offender because of his status as a frequent flier.
Inappropriate comments from her seatmate began almost immediately after Zuckerberg boarded her plane from Los Angeles to Mazatlán, Mexico. She was asked if she had sexual fantasies about her travel partner by the man next to her, who continued to make vulgar comments as other female passengers got on the flight.
Both Zuckerberg and her colleague reported the traveler’s salacious behavior to the cabin crew, who reportedly did not take any action. The passenger also was provided with alcohol throughout the flight, and at one point, a flight attendant reportedly stopped by to ask, “Are you behaving today?”
Flight attendants did offer Zuckerberg a seat at the back
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/randi-zuckerberg-sexually-harassed-alaska-airlines
A man posing as an Uber driver allegedly picked up a woman and sexually assaulted her on American University’s campus early Sunday. The 21-year-old victim and her male friend told police they saw an Uber sticker on a car, which they flagged down for a ride near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC, according to NBC Washington.
The driver, El Houcine Jourhdaly, 36, of Springfield, Virginia, told the two he could drive them somewhere, and they both got in the car, according to police. But not long after, Jourhdaly pulled over and demanded the woman get in the front seat. She complied.
When Jourhdaly drove the two to their requested destination, the driver yelled at the victim’s friend, ordering him to get out. Police said he got out of the car and attempted to help his friend out of the front seat, but Jourhdaly sped off.
The woman’s friend then called her phone.
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/el-houcine-jourhdaly-uber-driver-sexually-assaulted-american-university
Following a massive expose from the Times Picayune, celebrity chef John Besh has stepped down from his position at the Besh Restaurant Group. In the report, 25 women have come forward with claims about the sexual harassment they faced while working at the company.
Two of the 25 employees have specifically filed sexual discrimination and retaliation complaints with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission since December; the others say they faced harassment within both the company writ large and at individual restaurants operated by the company. The abuse ranged from non-consensual touching and inappropriate comments to threats made against female employees pertaining to their advancement within the company should they not comply with sexual demands. Those who complained about their treatment were insulted or ostracized.
“I saw this subtle violence that was in front of me,” says one victm. “I just accepted it because I thought it was okay. I thought
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/celebrity-chef-steps-down-after-25-women-say-they-were-sexually-harassed-at-his-company
The allegations of sexual harassment and assault by Hollywood executive Harvey Weinstein have centered around women. Actor Terry Crews took to Twitter today to share his own experiences with sexual assault and recounts how he was groped by a male executive.
“My wife n I were at a Hollywood function last year n a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 me and groped my privates,” he tweeted. “Jumping back I said What are you doing?! My wife saw everything n we looked at him like he was crazy. He just grinned like a jerk. I was going to kick his ass right then— but I thought twice about how the whole thing would appear.” As a “240 pound” black man, Crews felt that physical retailation would land him in jail.
He goes on to say that the executive called him the next day to
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/terry-crews-says-he-was-sexually-assaulted-by-a-powerful-male-hollywood-exec
Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has been accused of decades of sexual harassment against women. More former employees and actresses have alleged that the Weinstein Company head made inappropriate advances toward them and—in some instances—offered them payment for their silence. In interviews with the NY Times, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie have come out against Weinstein today for harassing them when they were younger.
“We’re at a point in time when women need to send a clear message that this is over,” Paltrow says. “This way of treating women ends now.” Paltrow says that Weinstein hired her for the lead in Emma when she was 22 years old. He asked her to come to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for a meeting that ended with him placing his hands on her and encouraging her to go to the bedroom for massages. “I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified,” she says. Paltrow
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/gwyneth-paltrow-and-angelina-jolie-say-harvey-weinstein-sexually-harassed-them
A registered sex offender has been charged with sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl in a Missouri hospital.
Fifty-seven-year-old Dave Saffeels was charged Saturday with nine felonies, according to CBS News. He also allegedly molested a 2-year-old girl. The two girls were allegedly victimized within a one-month time span.
The Springfield News-Leader reports that Saffeels is currently jailed on $500,000 bond. The probable cause statement says the older girl was repeatedly assaulted in August in a patient room of Cox South Hospital. The 11-year-old was visiting the hospital to see a woman who just had twins, and somehow she and Saffeels ended up in a room alone together.
Cox spokeswoman Kaitlyn McConnell said the hospital was not aware of the allegations at the time.
“We are fully cooperating with the Springfield Police Department and are taking this matter seriously,” McConnell said.
A few weeks later, Saffeels allegedly raped the girl at her home while she
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/man-sexually-assaults-11-year-old-in-hospital-blames-victim-for-being-sexually-provocative
A photo on a New Jersey man’s Snapchat account led to his arrest for sexual assault, after police used the photo to track down an 18-year-old woman who was found beaten and bloody in his bedroom, USA Today reported.
Mason Mallon, 24, was charged August 19 with aggravated sexual assault, aggravated assault, sexual assault, criminal restraint, and invasion of privacy, prosecutors said Thursday.
A friend of the victim contacted police after seeing a photo on Mallon’s Snapchat account that appeared to show her friend unconscious, prosecutors said.
Police then found the victim “covered in blood,” and she was reportedly taken to an nearby hospital for treatment.
Mallon was previously convicted on a charge of possessing a weapon for unlawful purpose.
[Image: New Jersey Prosecutor’s Office]
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/man-caught-sexually-assaulting-18-year-old-after-disturbing-photo-of-unconscious-teen-posted