A couple from Park Hills, Missouri allegedly blamed a television commercial for inspiring them to microwave their 3-month-old son. The baby, who is alive but injured, was brought to a hospital’s emergency room by his parents for a facial rash in April. But doctors discovered something far more sinister than a rash: head injuries, a skull fracture and second-degree burns on the baby’s face.
At first, Derick Boyce-Slezak and Mikala Boyce-Slezak, both 22, blamed the wounds on some sort of cleaning agent, according to court documents. They initially said that they wiped their baby clean with a disinfectant-soaked towel. But on Monday, a social worker explained during a court hearing that Derick allegedly dropped their child in a feeble attempt to imitate a commercial. What commercial inspired their behavior was not revealed. Then, the father allegedly put his son in a microwave and turned it on for a brief