Rapper Lil Peep, born Gustav Ahr, reportedly died of an overdose on Wednesday. His manager Mikey Cortez confirmed his death on Instagram.
According to The New York Times, authorities suggest the 21-year-old Long Island rapper’s death was the result of a Xanax overdose before he was scheduled to perform a show in Tucson, Arizona.
“I’m completely heartbroken and lost right now,” Cortez said on Instagram. “I can’t even feel it’s not real. I love you and I’ll miss you always. One of the realest. Please someone tell me this isn’t real.”
Peep released his first project, Come Over When You’re Sober, Pt. 1, over the summer. On it, he repeatedly referenced his consumption of cocaine, molly and Xanax, according to UPROXX.
The star made a chilling Instagram post just hours before he died. In one, he appears to be taking two pills.
A post shared by @lilpeep