A University of Southern California gynecologist who is accused of sexual misconduct dating to the 1990s said some women who reported him were jealous because they couldn’t reach orgasms or look like his younger patients, according to a report.
Dr. George Tyndall worked at USC for nearly 30 years, despite complaints about his conduct coming as early as 2000, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The first complaints made against Tyndall came from coworkers and professional chaperones who accompanied students to doctor visits. Many noted that Tyndall had been taking pictures of his patients’ genitals. At least eight official complaints filed between 2000 and 2014 alleged that Tyndall made suggestive comments about patients’ bodies and would often touch them in ways that had no medical purpose.
More recently, complaints suggested that Tyndall had specifically been targeting the school’s Chinese students, many of whom had a limited understanding of English.
“I was blindly trusting of
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/George-Tyndall-university-california-gynecologist-misconduct-jealous-orgasm
Sexual abuse victims of disgraced gymnastics Dr. Larry Nassar and Michigan State University have reached a settlement in principle in which the university will pay $500 million, attorneys for both sides said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
Under the settlement, $425 million will be paid to the 332 victims represented in current litigation, while the university will set aside another $75 million in a trust fund which could go to future plaintiffs who allege they were abused by Nassar, the attorneys said.
“This historic settlement came about through the bravery of more than 300 women and girls who had the courage to stand up and refuse to be silenced,” plaintiffs’ attorney John Manly said.
“Michigan State is pleased that we have been able to agree in principle on a settlement that is fair to the survivors of Nassar’s crimes,” said Robert Young, special counsel to the university.
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/michigan-state-pay-500-million-women-girls-abused-larry-nassar
Authorities do not think that the multiple sexual assault allegations against actor Ed Westwick are merely gossip.
The former WB star of “Gossip Girl” is being investigated by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, according to People.
Three women came forward last year and alleged that the 30-year-old Brit actor raped them in 2014.
Prosecutor spokesman Greg Risling tells People that the office was presented with a case by L.A. police on March 20 and “it is under review.” It is not known publicly which of the former accusations specifically catalyzed this investigation. Westwick’s attorneys were not available to comment on Wednesday to People and his reps deferred inquiries to the legal team.
On November 8, an actress accused Westwick of rape in a detailed Facebook post. The accuser, Kristina Cohen, claims she fell asleep at Westwick’s home where both she and her then-boyfriend, a producer, were guests. She woke up to Westwick allegedly assaulting her. A portion
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/prosecutors-investigate-actor-ed-westwick-three-women-accuse-assault
A man who killed two women before disposing of their bodies in suitcases was executed by lethal injection in Texas on Tuesday evening.
Rosendo Rodriguez III, 38, also known as the “suitcase killer” was convicted of the 2005 murder of 29-year-old Summer Baldwin, who was ten weeks pregnant and a mother of four. While in prison he confessed to another killing: the death of Joanna Rogers, a 16-year-old girl whom Rodriguez met in a chatroom, according to CBS News. Rogers went missing in 2004 and her mummified remains were found in 2006. The human remains of both women were found inside two separate suitcases, both of which ended up at the San Antonio city dump. Rodriguez was additionally connected to five sexual assaults, including to that of his high school girlfriend.
Before his execution, Rodriguez was asked if he had a final statement. He responded by a speaking for seven minutes,
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/suitcase-killer-execution-ive-fought-the-good-fight
Two women allegedly vandalized a mosque in Tempe, Arizona while making disparaging remarks towards Muslims. Even worse, they had children with them. Oh yeah, and one of the women allegedly posted a video documentation of the incident to her Facebook page.
Tahnee Gonzales (whose profile picture is at the top of this story) and Elizabeth Dauenhauer were arrested on Thursday afternoon. Both women face felony burglary charges, according to Arizona Central, a local USA Today paper.
A video on Gonzales’ Facebook page on March 4 appears to show the women, in addition to three children, at the Islamic Community Center of Tempe. They allegedly steal pamphlets and brochures and encourage the kids to help them.
“Look at this mosque, this ugly mosque here,” a female voice says in the video. The same voice goes on to call Muslims “Satan-worshippers.” One of the children can be heard chiming in saying, “they smell
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/women-arrested-taking-children-vandalize-mosque-arizona
Authorities are looking for five women who allegedly stole more than $150,000 of cash and jewelry from a professional boxer. Investigators believe that the women robbed boxer Jermall Charlo while he was at Jay-Z’s 40/40 sports club in New York City on Sunday.
The incident went down following a dispute involving Charlo, according to CBS News. Charlo allegedly got into a dispute with someone and that turned into a physical altercation. When the boxer returned to the place that he was sitting, a bag containing approximately $40,000 in cash and $115,000 worth of jewelry was gone.
Surveillance video spotted five women leaving the Manhattan establishment with the bag.
Authorities are now on the hunt for the women who are described as: a white woman, 5-foot-10, 165 pounds, long straight blonde hair, wearing a dress and jacket and carrying a blue bag, a Hispanic woman, 4-10, 150, black hair,
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/police-looking-5-women-stole-150000-boxer-at-jay-zs-club
Two women allegedly beat up a Family Dollar employee in Springfield, Ohio because they were upset that a video of them appearing to be shoplifting was posted to Facebook by the store’s manager. According to a police report, a group of women came into the store on Saturday asking for the manager.
The manager wasn’t there and apparently, the group decided to take out their anger on the employee. The report says that even though the employee asked the women to leave they did not. Instead, they allegedly followed her around the store until it escalated into a physical altercation.
One of the women allegedly punched the employee in the back of the head. Then, that same woman allegedly grabbed her by the hair and attacked her further after pushing her into the store’s stockroom. One woman is accused of punching the victim in her face while the other kicked
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/women-beat-up-family-dollar-employee-after-shoplifting-footage-posted-to-FB
Three women at a Los Angeles nail salon were randomly attacked by a man and the incident was caught on video. According to Fox News, the 25-year-old attacker came into the store on Wednesday and started hitting three victims for no conceivable reason.
Surveillance video from the incident shows how the women at Bio Laque Nails in Sherman Oaks used purses and wooden chairs to fend off the attacker. The attacker was later identifed as Gustavo Aranda of Chatsworth, California.
The victims were identified as a salon employee and two sisters, Melda and Virginia Martinez Bojorquez, who were celebrating a birthday with manicures and pedicures. “There was no time to be scared,” said LAPD Capt. Lillian Carranza, translating from Spanish for the sisters.
The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) shared in an online statement about how the random act of violence unfolded, beginning with a carjacking at 8:25 a.m. “The suspect approached the victim from behind
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/video-watch-women-at-la-nail-salon-fight-off-a-violent-attacker-with-wooden-chairs
On Monday, three women pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter for the death of a homeless man in 2015. The violence was prompted after a 10-year-old boy came home to tell his mother Aleathea Gillard that a homeless man hit him and called him a racial slur.
Naturally, that angered Gillard. She and a few friends went looking for the man who she thought assaulted her son. They thought they found him outside an Olney, Pennsylvania gas station.
Gillard and two friends — Kaisha Duggins and Shareena Joachim — viciously beat 51-year-old Robert Barnes. The entire incident was caught on surveillance video. The footage shows Gillard beating Barnes with a broken rocking chair leg. Duggins hit him with a hammer. Three teenagers contributed to the beating. Gillard’s 13-year-old son and her 12-year-old daughter, as well as a 14-year-old friend, helped out in the attack. One of the minors was injured by
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/3-women-plead-guilty-for-brutally-beating-homeless-man-to-death-over-a-childs-lie
Comedian Bill Cosby has faced a handful of accusations of sexual assault in the past, which allegedly includes the drugging of several women for the purposes of non-consensual sex. Cosby has been embroiled in legal battles to fight against the accusations. Now, prosecutors are calling for an additional 19 women to offer testimony on the matter.
According to Jezebel, District Attorney Kevin Steele is calling on more than a dozen women to testify about Cosby’s use of drugs and sexual assault at Cosby’s retrial. The request was reportedly filed yesterday in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
During Cosby’s first trial, which ended in a mistrial, only one woman was allowed to offer testimony on the subject of Cosby’s use of drugs and subsequent attacks on women. Steele had originally requested testimony from 13 women and was denied, reported The New York Times.
Gloria Allred, the attorney representing some of the women coming
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/prosecution-asks-judge-let-more-women-testify-against-bill-cosby