Erich Schuett and Olivia Hadad, who appeared in the musical “Zombie Prom” at the Vineyard Theatre in NYC, have now made their first recording together–Chip Deffaa’s “A Stage-Door Kind of Love,” being released March 30th. The recording, which will be available Saturday from CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon, etc., may be pre-ordered here: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/erichschuett1.
Written, arranged, and produced by ASCAP Award-winner Chip Deffaa, the musical sketch “A Stage-Door Kind of Love,” presents–through music and words–the relationship of two teens who’ve grown close together at summer theater-camp. Deffaa notes: “It’s inspired by Stagedoor Manor, which is, along with French Woods, one of the two best theater camps in the world.
Olivia Hadad has actually attended the camp–as have assorted pros who’ve been in plays I’ve written and directed, or on recordings I’ve produced. A lot of talented people I know–from singer/actor Beau Cassidy to one of
Read more at: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Erich-Schuett-Olivia-Hadads-A-STAGE-DOOR-KIND-OF-LOVE-To-Be-Released-March-30th-20190328
There’s some good news for the “House of Horrors” children.
Seven of the adult children in the Turpin family are experiencing freedom for the first time after allegedly being held captive at the hands of the parents. The older children have been released from the hospital and are now living together in a rural home nearby, according to ABC News.
The adult Turpin children, who range in age from 18 to 29, were released from Corona Regional Medical Center on Thursday. They were accompanied by their attorney and public guardian and taken to an undisclosed rural house. They appear to be re-entering the world on a positive start.
“The adult siblings want to be known as survivors, not victims,” said their lawyer, Jack Osborn. “They’re joyful, warm, considerate. It’s not all about them. They want to hear what’s going on with you and me and my family,” he said. “It’s just really fun. It’s fun to be around
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/house-horrors-adult-children-released-hospital-living-together-california
A man from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina who is accused of wanting to enslave and eat a child is a free man for now.
Justin Teeter Bensing was arrested last month, along with about 40 others, as part of a police sting operation intended to catch people involved with sex trafficking. Unlike the 40 others though, Bensing is accused of wanted to eat one of the children, according to The Associated Press.
Bensing, 36, allegedly asked an undercover cop, which he apparently thought was a child, if she was “ready to be a full-time baby maker and sex slave.” He has been since been released on $20,000 bond, the AP reported. It’s unclear if Bensing has a lawyer.
During a news conference last month, Sheriff Will Lewis accused Bensing of wanting to “physically cannibalize” a child, The New York Post reported.
“Depravity doesn’t even begin to describe this,” the sheriff
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/accused-sex-trafficker-wanted-eat-child-released-bail
Around noon on Friday, President Trump officially approved the declassification of an FBI memo alleging surveillance abuses by the FBI. The controversial document was released shortly after.
“I think it’s terrible. It’s a disgrace what’s going on in this country,” Trump told reporters in regards to the memo. “When you look at that, and you see that, a lot of people should be ashamed of themselves and much worse than that.”
Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif. claims that the FBI launched a bias investigation over Trump’s alleged connection with the Russians. The four-page memo was written by Nunes and Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee. It claims that FBI officials spied on a Trump associate, according to Daily Caller.
“Our findings, which are detailed below, 1) raise concerns with the legitimacy and legality of certain DOJ and FBI interactions with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), and 2) represent a troubling
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/poll-should-republicans-have-released-the-fbi-memo
Police have released surveillance images of two people they are calling persons of interest in a double murder case. Last Thursday, Bao and Jenny Lam, both 61, were bound by their hands and feet and shot to death. The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has stated that the Lams “were ambushed by suspects as they parked their car in the garage.” The couple was also robbed in the horrible incident.
The couple’s son discovered their bodies on Sunday.
“They were executed,” Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez stated.
Now, newly released surveillance footage hopes to lead to answers to the couple’s death.
Surveillance footage from the entry gate of the home’s subdivision has been released by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. It shows two men driving in a black Lincoln Navigator. Police believe the car’s make could be anywhere from 2007 to 2014. The footage reveals that a suspect parked, then crawled under the gate.
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/dramatic-surveillance-footage-of-persons-of-interest-released-after-couple-executed-in
OJ Simpson was released from prison Sunday after spending nearly nine years behind bars for orchestrating an armed robbery. The 70-year-old was released a little after midnight, wearing a baseball cap and long coat. Hours later, reporters caught up to him and the former football player responded.
“Man, how in the … Have you all been … you all stalking me?” he said, in a video posted by the New York Post. He was smiling and laughing but appeared annoyed.
The reporter asked Simpson how it felt like to be out. OJ responsed, “I’m in a car for the last five hours, so how do I know how it feels to be out? … I’ve been in nowhere U.S.A. for the last nine years doing nothing. Nothing has changed in my life. What do you expect?”
He then told the reporter that where he was going was “none of [his] business.”
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/oj-simpson-speaks-out-for-first-time-since-being-released-from-prison-nothings-changed
OJ Simpson has been released from prison, despite his attorney predicting it wouldn’t happen so early.
As of Sunday, he is a free man. Reporters gathered around High Desert State Prison outside Las Vegas for the event.
“October 1st falls on a Sunday and except for essential workers, I think it’s going to be highly unlikely that the Nevada Department of Corrections is going to have any type of resources to be able to transport Mr. Simpson anywhere,” OJ’s attorney, Malcolm LaVergne had previously said, according to ABC News. “Mr. Simpson’s making arrangements. He has to go through the Nevada Department of Corrections, the Nevada Department of Parole and Probation and at some point very soon he will eventually have his release plans and he will be able to get out.”
The 70-year old former football player and actor spent nine years behind bars for a 2008 armed robbery and kidnapping conviction.
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/oj-simpson-has-officially-been-released-from-prison
On Christmas Eve, 2002, at around 2:00 in the afternoon, Scott Peterson left a message for his wife Laci on her cell phone.
She was eight months pregnant at the time, and the couple was expecting a baby boy, whom they planned to name Conner.
“Hey beautiful,” the message begins before cheerfully going through the mundanities of domestic life, shopping and family obligations.
That evening, Scott would tell a friend, “Laci’s missing.” In April of 2003, the remains of Laci Peterson and Conner would wash up on the Northern California shoreline, and Scott would eventually be sentenced to death for their murder.
The new AE six-part docuseries “The Murder of Laci Peterson” goes inside the Laci Peterson murder case, re-examining the crime that shocked a nation. It’s premiere episode, which aired last night, played that final message Scott left on his wife’s cell phone, presumably after he had already
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/scott-petersons-last-voicemail-to-wife-on-day-she-went-missing-has-been-released-ill-see-you
An actor from the movie “The Mighty Ducks” has been busted for drugs days after being released from jail.
According to TMZ, Shaun Weiss, who played the goalie Goldberg in the classic ’90s film, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance just five days after being released for petty theft.
Weiss was arrested last Wednesday in Burbank after getting a call about a suspicious person stumbling around yards. Meth was found on him, and he was arrested.
Earlier, Weiss was sentenced to 150 days in jail for petty theft from an electronics store. This was his second bust for petty theft.
“[Shaun] hopes jail will help him, and maybe while he is in jail, he will write something,” his manager, Don Gibble, told TMZ.
The 38-year-old actor was released after only 12 days due to overcrowding.
According to IMDB, Weiss’ last acting credit was in the 2016 short film “Netflix Chill.”
[Photo: Getty Images]
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/disney-star-arrested-for-possession-of-meth-just-days-after-hes-released-from-jail
State police have released a composite sketch of the man suspected of killing to teenage girls in Indiana. The sketch, which was based upon information from the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, was released as part of the ongoing investigation. “It will give people a clearer image of who we are looking for,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, per CBS News.
On February 13, 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams (pictured below) vanished while hiking near Delphi. Their bodies were found the next day.
Authorities had surveillance photo and audio—from German’s cellphone—of a man they believe is the suspect behind the attack. In the audio, he is heard saying: “Down the hill.”
Abby’s mother hopes that the sketch will help further the investigation. “Nothing you do now is going to bring the girls tells ABC News. But the person who did this is
Read more at: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/suspect-sketch-released-in-murder-of-teen-girls-killed-while-hiking